Monday, May 2, 2011

The Year That Will Be 2011

Hello Internets!

Its been awhile since I've posted anything, and considering that summer is just around the corner I thought it would be remiss of me if I didn't discuss this year's kick ass summer movie schedule.  For me, 2008 still stands as the best year for movies in recent memory; specifically summer 2008 has dominated in terms of quality films.  Summer 2008 gave us such films as:
Iron Man
Speed Racer
Indiana Jones
Kung Fu Panda
Incredbile Hulk
Wall-E
Wanted
Hancock
Hellboy 2
The Dark Knight
Step Brothers
Pineapple Express
Eagle Eye

Yeah..summer 08 was pretty stacked.  It was a exceptional year for nerds and comic book fans alike.  Iron Man introduced us to the modern Marvel movie pantheon, setting up the Avengers film that just began shooting not but a week ago.  Kung Fu Panda remains to this day one of my favorites animated films of all time.  Ironically enough we are poised for its awesome-looking sequel in mere weeks.  Incredible Hulk was a really fun action movie..adding to the new Marvel mythos.  The Dark Knight still stands as one of the best films of this generation; Christopher Nolan took a story about a man who dresses as a bat to fight crime and turned his Batman films into intricate character-driven dramas.  The Dark Knight  stands as an amazing crime drama..elevating the comic book genre to new heights.  Hellboy 2 is another amazing sequel, if not a highly underrated one.  Step Brothers and Pineapple Express are two of the best comedies of the decade and will make you still laugh after multiple viewings.

Can 2011 top the great year that was 2008?  I kinda think so...
Thor
Bridesmaids
Pirates 4
Hangover 2
Kung Fu Panda 2
X-Men First Class
Super 8
Troll Hunter
Green Lantern
Cars 2
Transformers 3
Harry Potter 8
Captain America
Cowboys and Aliens
The Devil's Double
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
30 Minutes or Less
Apollo 18
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
Our Idiot Brother
The Debt

I mean, seriously?  In terms of comic book movies alone this year brings Thor, X-Men, Green Lantern and Cap..plus we're getting major nerd-friendly fair like Super 8, Troll Hunter, Transformers, Harry Potter, Cowboys and Aliens and Apollo 18.  Yes, this year and most others are "plagued" by sequels.  I don't really care if what I'm watching is original or a sequel as long as its good.  After the summer is over I'll revisit this list to see what actually held up and what didn't.  Judging by this list, I'd say that we're in for a great summer!

My most anticipated films of 2011 (in descending order):
Harry Potter
Transformers
Super 8
Cap
Cowboys and Aliens
Hangover 2
X-Men
Green Lantern
Thor

What say you Internet?  Are you pumped for 2011 like I am?

B.Bullet

2 comments:

  1. It's pretty stacked. I'm seriously looking forward to Thor and Cap, and obviously the conclusion to Potter. X-Men looks great, and anyone would be remiss to dismiss the star studded wonder of Cowboys and Aliens. Plus Hangover 2? I know there's no Iron Man in this lineup but it still looks pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Iron Man..I feel that Thor is the new Iron Man!

    ReplyDelete