Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bridesmaids Review

Welcome, Internet!

I really enjoyed Bridesmaids.  The simplest way to describe it is The Hangover with women..but its not quite that.  Its more a romantic comedy with a ridiculous amount of comedy.  I think it may very well be the funniest movie I've seen since The Hangover (although The Other Guys is up there..).  The women that comprise the main and supporting cast all turn excellent comedic performances, with Melissa McCarthy absolutely stealing the show.  Almost everything she says and does (even in the background of shots) is laugh-enducing.  There are several scenes that gave me a headache from laughing so much.

I really don't have many complaints about the film; there was one or two scenes with awkward editing.  The movie's pacing falters a bit in the third act - most of the Apatow productions drag toward the end of the film.  Other than that the characters were likable (except for Rose Byrne but you aren't supposed to like her) and worked well as an ensemble, especially real-life-friends Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph. So far critics love it...so if it makes enough money I'd love to see a sequel.  Or at least a new film with these actresses.  If you enjoy raunchy humor mixed with a bit of a romantic flavor then definitely check out Bridesmaids.

Favorite quote(s):
"It's coming out of me like lava!"
"All I'm saying is that I had a friend with tape marks on his ass"
"I own six houses..and just the other week I bought an 18-wheeler because I can"


Bridesmaids is Rad.


Bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment