Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: Initial Reaction

Greetings Internet!

I just saw HPDHP2.  I have very mixed feelings about this film.  Hence, my review will be forthcoming, perhaps after a second viewing.  But I will still share some thoughts.  If you don't want to know anything, I'd stop here.  While my thoughts may not be rife with spoilers I'd still recommend caution.

So....I very much enjoyed Part 2.  I can't help but feel that I overhyped the film in my mind to the point that nothing could live up to it (a fear that I have for The Dark Knight Rises).  Overall the film is very, very good..but there were key scenes that bothered me and editing issues that I felt hindered the experience.  There are bits of Hogwarts that we haven't seen in any of the previous films, and big things happen to or around them; the set-up, pay-off partnership didn't quite present itself in Part 2.  Don't get me wrong, there was plenty that I liked.  There were plenty of "oh !#!%" moments for me but I can't help but feel...I can't quite describe it.  Perhaps after furthers viewings I will be able to compile my thoughts cohesively.  My initial reaction is that Part 1 is superior to Part 2 but we shall see...

But please, please go see this film.  It is overall quite spectacular to behold.

Bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment